safariFRANK is the Steenhuisens. We have our feet firmly planted in two amazing continents Africa and Australia. Our African heritage and close knit family have seen us travel overland through the Southern African bush for over 30 years. Every family member is ‘instilled’ with a great love of the African land. Going on Safari is for us like camping in the Australian bush for Aussies… just a lot wilder. We want to share these real Safari experiences with you. Amongst the clan we champion the wilds of Africa, educating, conserving and supporting. Now with Frank on the ground leading the way as a trails guide, we can share with you our wild Africa.
the australian clan
(The leader of the team)
- CEO turned SEO (Serial Explorer and Overlander)
- Real deal Afro Aussie, addicted to Africa
- Adventurer at heart
- Active conservationist
- Hates unexplored spots on the map
- Loves exploring Africa
- Passion for startups, small business and personal service
- Proudly associated with Blue Sky Alternative Investments since 2008
(The creative one)
- Heart of the team and a hippy in the city
- Never leaves home without waterproof mascara
- Loves snakes
- Creative soul inspired by the beauty of Africa
- A foodie with kick ass cooking skills around the camp fire
- Once an athlete, but has learnt that in Africa - only food runs!
- The best wildlife spotter of us all
(The rhino shepherd)
- Afro Aussie, whose heart lies in the African bush
- Loves rhinos and is passionate about their conservation
- Degree in Business and Property
- RHINOS RHINOS RHINOS!
- Favorite sound is a lion roaring in very close proximity
- An adrenalin addict who is a teensy bit scared of elephants
- Proud mommy to beautiful baby Marissa
- Did we mention Karin loves rhinos?
(The rhino warrior)
- Switched on electrician who is happiest when he’s ‘off-grid’ in the African bush
- A warrior when it comes to conservation
- Lover of… and fighter for rhinos
- Travelling is his addiction as long as great coffee is also in the back pack
- Exercising makes Jan feel alive, but as a serial bookworm, so does a great read
the african clan
Based somewhere in Southern Africa is Frank (The Trails Guide) and his friend Gesa Neitzel (Film Producer, Author & Storyteller).
They’re capturing unique and awesome footage to give you a taste of travel with safariFRANK next season.
See their Blog.
(The trails guide)
- Grew up in South African bush, schooled in Australia
- Prefers tracking lions to city life
- Botswana obsessed
- Qualified walking and vehicle guide
- Passionate about sharing the complexity of the African bush
- A super bird nerd who is fascinated by the smaller things
- Believes campfire coffee and bacon brunches are best
(film producer & storyteller)
- Born and bred in Germany, heart stuck in Africa
- Qualified trails guide, cinematographer and avid travel writer
- Shares wilderness wanderings on wonderfulwild.com
- Passion for elephants, leopard tortoises and wildflowers
- Happiest when playing the guitar around the camp fire
- Knows she has the best job in the world
- Her book about this adventure was released in Germany on September 9th. On December 1st, it became a bestseller.