Nicole Radfeld & Frank Biesenbach
Time of travel:
Destinations and Safari Type:
Guided Safari through South Africa and Botswana visiting locations from Gesa’s book.
3 words to describe your trip
Amazing, adventurous, exciting!
Name your favourite destination and why?
We can not make a decision for one destination. We had great experiences at each lodge:
- Klaserie Sands River Camp: We saw the Big 5 on the first day; great place to stay.
- Bateleur Lodge: Black mamba and hyena spotted in the camp; funny competition during the bush-walk.
- Pafuri Walking Trails: Camp back to basics; chameleon and rock python; an elephant and a buffalo walked in our camp during the day.
- Serolo Safari Camp: Hyenas with a kill; eagle chicks in a nest; great candle-light dinner in the bush on our last evening together.
Extension of our trip:
- Mashatu Tent Camp: Leopard with cub; porcupines, aardvark and bat-eared Foxes, photo hideout.
- Tuli Safari Lodge: Candle-light dinner; cheetah with a kill; sleep-out-Hide; drive to the Confluence with picnic
What was your best wildlife encounter?
Sitting on the ground next to hyenas
Would you recommend this safari to others? If so, why?
Yes, of course. It was a varied tour with lots of animals!
How were your guides, Frank and Gesa?
Frank and Gesa are very passionate guides who brought us the African flora and fauna very close.
How was your experience working with safariFRANK?
Excellent. At first we had some doubts to book such a trip at an Australien travel agency from Germany but we didn't regret it. Everything was perfect. A great "Thank you" to Sarah.
Where is next on your Africa bucketlist?
Okavango Delta together with Gesa and Frank; (Gorillas in Uganda/Ruanda; Malawi).
Any other Comments?
Many thanks to safariFRANK for this great trip!