8 DAY PRIVATELY GUIDED LODGE BASED SAFARI
MIN 6 pax MAX 6 pax
Minimum Age 18
4.980 USD (Twin-Share, Standard-Tent)
Supplement for Luxury-Tents: 280 USD (only 2 spots available*)
18th – 26th July 2019
· Relax & Wilderness Experience Safari with Gesa & Frank
· Tracking and Awareness exercises
· Accommodation in 2 different authentic Zambian Safari camps – all inclusive!
· Excellent wildlife sightings in the first camp in the South Luangwa Valley
· Peace and quiet in the second camp in the Luambe National Park
· Vehicle based and walking safaris as activities
· Music & Storytelling around the campfire (instruments welcome)
· Travel around as one exclusive small group
· Special activities surrounding wilderness & awareness
· Digital Detox: No phones, no watches, no wifi
· Lots of TIME to enjoy one of the last remaining pieces of true Wilderness
ITINERARY IN BRIEF
Day 1 Arrive in Mfuwe in the afternoon, meet Gesa and Frank, set-off to the lodge!
Day 2-3 Game viewing drives in the Mfuwe area of the South Luangwa National Park
Day 4 Morning activity / transfer to Luambe Camp in the North
Day 5-7 Various Wilderness Experiences in Luambe over the next days (the exact outline of the trip remains secret)
Day 8 Morning drive and transfer back to Flatdogs Camp for 1 night stay
Day 9 Final day -Morning drive depending on the onward movements of individuals
“There is no wifi in the wild – but we promise you’ll find a better connection!”
GET AWAY FROM IT ALL: This tour is designed to give you the ultimate Wilderness Experience. These days, most of us lead busy, stressful lives. It is expected of us to be on call 24/7 and to give 200% all the time. No wonder, more and more of us get burned-out and overwhelmed by all the expectations… mostly the ones we put on ourselves… with this unique safari Gesa and Frank invite you to their “home away from home” in Zambia, to get away from it all: No phones, no watches, no wifi! Lean back completely and trust us to take care of you and help you reconnect with the wilderness where we all came from…
The Zambia Relax Safari is aimed at people who need a break from reality and yearn to spend some quality quiet time in the bush. It’s designed for wild hearts with curious minds who know deep-down that there is more to life than just paying bills and buying things. Our goal for this trip is to take you on a journey to South Luangwa and Luambe National Park in Zambia, creating moments shared with the animals and people that call these places their home; explaining in detail the complexities and intricate relationships of all that is natural. For eight nights we will get lost in the midst of the Zambian wilderness. We have designed a unique and once-in-a-lifetime safari that - if we get it right – will stay with you for the rest of your life.
“We start slow…and then ease off…..”
The trip will see you comfortably accommodated, well fed and well looked after. We start off in the busier South Luangwa Valley for a strong dose of wildlife, but soon after - we venture far North into the more remote Luambe National Park (our home away from home in Zambia) where we don’t expect to find any other tourists but rather a more authentic and real wilderness experience. Here we will engage in explorative game drives, educational bush walks and exercises in tracking, awareness and the delicate relationship between all species.
The 8 nights of accommodation will be in the form of 2 vastly different camps. The first of which – Flatdogs Camp - is located in the South Luangwa Valley where the wildlife is best. The tents are simple and comfortable with everything one needs to begin and end the safari. We will be sharing this camp with other guests.
Luambe Camp in the North is a much more rustic and traditional Zambian Bush Camp. The camp offers spacious tents situated right on the Luangwa River where the hippos will laugh you into a deep sleep at night. Of the 4 tents has its own en-suite bathroom, with running water, flushing toilets and hot showers. We expect to have the camp to ourselves. The Luambe National Park is found to be less crowded – both with tourists but also with animals. Tourism is just starting to come back to the area – which is why we chose it. With its dense forests and overgrown vegetation, don’t expect to see as much wildlife here as you would have in the first camp, but rather enjoy the peace and quiet and see any of the big cats as a bonus. Luambe Camp is our base to reconnect with ourselves and become more aware. You won’t find a more suitable place to do so!
*We have 2 Standard and 1 Luxury Tent at the Flatdogs Camp. At Luambe, accommodation will be in Standard Tents for the whole group.
Note that internal flights are included in the cost of the tour.
It is important to note that the starting point for this safari will be an internal flight from Lusaka to the town of Mfuwe. This is so to ensure everyone arrives on the same flight. Gesa and Frank will meet you at Mfuwe Airport. Please ensure that all international flights arriving to Lusaka arrive before 15h00. The connecting flight will be leaving Lusaka at roughly 16h00, so the earlier you arrive in Lusaka, the better.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Please be advised that there will be no connection with the outside-world whatsoever during your stay and that we will lock away your watches and your phones on the first day of the trip. If you are worried about taking photos: you absolutely don’t have to be! We will provide a trip-camera for the group which is free of use for everyone. Other than that, you are more than welcome to bring your own camera. We just want you to step away from the selfie-culture for a while and forget time whilst truly embracing the wilderness.
Most of the activities we have planned will remain a secret – we would like to invite you to just go with the flow and live in the moment. Please note that the activities will include walking safaris in BIG GAME areas.
Zambia is an undiscovered gem in Southern Africa that is rich in both wildlife and natural beauty. It is the place to go for a traditional and authentic African safari with a personal and rustic touch. Zambia is a country full of color and life, and South Luangwa is the most iconic and famous wildlife hotspot found within the country.
South Luangwa is a national park which boasts not only an impressive diversity of life, but also large concentrations of some of the more iconic animal species, which Africa is so very famous for. On the eastern boarder of the park lies the Luangwa River, which is usually one of the last water sources for all wildlife living in the area, making this a great time for game viewing. We should expect to see many herds of elephants frequenting the river, huge concentrations of hippos (the highest density of any park in the world!) as well as the many big cats which hunt along the banks of the river. The Luangwa Valley is also known as the valley of the leopard and is one of the best areas in the world to find and view these magnificent cats in the wild! Luambe National Park is a calm place that has just recently rediscovered photographic tourism. We chose this place specifically to get away from any other tourists and to dive deep into the Wild. Although big game may be encountered here at any time – don’t expect to see them here. This is a remote, wild place and the focus for our time at Luambe Camp lies in relaxing and embracing the peace and quiet.
Unfortunately, this trip is not for you if you enjoy the hustle and bustle. It is designed for people who appreciate the sounds of Nature and who seek a time-out from their busy lives at home.
- Accommodation as stated above.
- Internal flights between Lusaka-Mfuwe
- Mfuwe Airport and intra-camp transfers
- Transportation in a safari vehicle.
- Daily Game viewing & awareness activities.
- All meals and snacks.
- Services of Gesa and Frank as your personal tour leaders.
- Entrance fees and excursions as described in above itinerary.
- A daily allocation of a selection of local beverages including beer, wine, waters and cold drinks.
- Gratuities for local Zambian guides.
- International flights and airport taxes.
- Travel Insurance.
- Pre and post safari extensions/accommodation.
- Any entrance fees and excursions not included in the above itinerary.
- Items of personal nature (telephone expenses, curios, medicines etc).
- ENTRY VISA FEES.
- BANK CHARGES (as per bank or 3.5% commission for VISA/MASTER and 4.5% commission for AMEX).
- Services subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Times of activities, meals, transfers is subject to change.
- Rates subject to change without prior notice due to circumstances beyond our control e.g. fuel increases, currency fluctuation etc.
- Given the nature of this safari, the age restriction is a minimum of 16 years paying full fare.
- PLEASE NOTE that whilst we endeavor to accommodate guests at the above stipulated lodges/camps, safariFRANK reserves the right to replace such with one of a similar standard and location.
- As of paragraph 6 of our German T&C’s, safariFRANK has the right to cancel the trip latest 75 days before start of the trip (in this case 05.05.2019). The trip cannot be cancelled by safariFRANK later than 75 days before tour start.
- Terms and conditions apply.
- Visas/Passports: Please ensure: 1) that you have pre-arranged your entry visa if required; 2) that your passport is valid for at least six months after your scheduled departure date from Zambia; 3) that you have a minimum of 2 consecutive clear pages. If this is not the case, there is a danger of being turned away by the Immigration Service on arrival at the airport – assuming your airline has agreed to bring you and risk a fine in the first place.
- Health: No vaccinations are mandatory but please consult your doctor for medical advice. Parts of Zambia are considered to be malarial so we recommend the use of anti-malarial prophylactics (normally Malarone/doxycycline), especially if visiting during the summer (December to April) – subject to advice from your own doctor.
- Luggage: Is normally restricted to 20 kg (not including photographic equipment) per person in a soft, hold all type bag. Weight is generally less important than volume as everything is carried with you on safari. If adding extensions that involve light aircraft transfers the luggage limit may be reduced further to 12 kg in soft bags (please enquire if this may apply to you)