“If you are in search of the BIG5 you have come to the right place. Here you won’t just see them from afar but you will experience them in the wild, either by open vehicle or on foot. Be warned it is exhilarating!”
See what one of our safari group experienced in the Greater Kruger National Park here.
The Greater Kruger National Park is 180 000 hectares bordering on west side of the unfenced Kruger National Park. It is also unfenced within, allowing animals to roam free in and between the two reserves, totalling 2 000 000 hectares! Two of the most spectacular areas within the central GKNP are the Timbavati and Klaserie Reserves. Both reserves offer stunning landscapes and great wildlife experiences. These are great places to go if you want to see predators or are interested in wildlife photography. Our knowledgeable guides can get you up close and personal with the animals. The GKNP also has a large focus on conservation with numerous active programs in the area.
Why we like it:
- One of the few “wild” and “untouched” areas in South Africa for excellent game viewing.
- Far less tourists than the Kruger National Park, thereby offering intimate experiences.
- Small boutique lodges offering exceptional value and personal service.
- Free movement of wildlife in a large and ‘open’ system, the only kind in South Africa.
- Great wildlife photography opportunities.
- A range of adventures such as walking, bush sleep outs and night time game viewing.
- Exceptional guides to learn from making for a very rewarding experience !