What is this safari about?
Based on shared values safariFRANK continually selects a small number of lodges for its portfolio of recommended establishments. These lodges are often owner operated and focused on low impact, sustainable tourism and support of local communities.
The current portfolio is:
- Senalala, Klaserie, Greater Kruger.
- Klaserie River Sands, Klaserie, Greater Kruger.
- Bateleur Main and Mobile Camp, Timbavati, Greater Kruger.
- Tanda Tula Safari Camp, Timbavati, Greater Kruger.
- Kings Camp, Timbavati, Greater Kruger.
- Ngala Safari Lodge, Timbavati, Greater Kruger.
- Motswari Game Lodge, Timbavati, Greater Kruger.
- Pafuri Camp, Makuleke Concession, northern Kruger Park.
Why is this special?
- Mostly owner operated, low environmental impact lodges.
- Great personal service at awesome locations.
- Good value for money.
- Rustic homely atmosphere and good food.
- Most offer authentic walking trails with leading guides.
Where is this?
The lodges are mostly in the central Greater Kruger National Park on private reserves at locations as indicated above.
Who can go?
Lodges are great for couples, families or small groups alike. They tend to be fairly small and intimate, catering for between 10 and 20 guests at a time. Some lodges might have age restrictions for children.
What should I expect to pay?
Fully inclusive prices vary from USD 300 to USD 1000 per person per night sharing. Discounted prices are available outside of peak season.
What extensions do you recommend?
These lodges are a great start to an African safari allowing travellers to take advantage of initial jetlag for early morning activities, with some great R&R later in the day!
From these lodges we recommend a day trip self-drive through the KNP and then get a connecting flight to Botswana, for some further awesome wildlife adventure!
LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! Contact safariFRANK and let us show you how each Safari Component can be linked up to create your ultimate safari. Let us help you get started on the journey of a lifetime.