What is this safari about?
Bateleur Camp is an exclusive private game reserve in the Timbavati and comprise of two camps, Bateleur Main Camp and Bateleur Mobile Camp. Main Camp is an 8-bed up-market safari camp and Mobile Camp is a very rustic tented safari camp for 4 to 18 people. The mobile camp is pitched in a different location for each group booking, making this a special wilderness experience.
This prime wilderness area boasts the Big Five, a large diversity of antelope species, the entire range of smaller predators, over 500 bird species, and a tremendous diversity of reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates.
Bateleur’s traversing area extends over 10 000 hectares of the Timbavati Reserve.
Why is this special?
- Vehicle density is low so guests may not encounter any other guests for the duration of their stay.
- A prime location where the average sightings of wildlife and birdlife are amongst the very best commercially available.
- The full 10 000 hectare traversing area includes other properties on the same radio frequency, which greatly increases the chance of quality wildlife sightings.
- Main Camp accommodates up to 8 clients, which enhances the exclusivity already provided by its remote location.
- Mobile Camp accommodates one group at a time, achieving the same level of exclusivity and an even greater feeling of remoteness.
- Over and above normal walking and driving activities, also on offer are bush craft, spider & scorpion learning experiences, as well as basic astronomy, which all add up to exceptional value that will exceed expectations.
- Optional extras are interactive reptile demo, tribal dancing and rhino micro chipping.
Where is this?
The 3 500 hectare Bateleur property is located in the heart of the world renowned Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, an exceptional safari location. All artificial barriers between the Timbavati and the adjacent Kruger National Park have been removed and the Bateleur property itself shares unfenced borders with the Kruger.
There is an airport close by with daily scheduled flights from and to Johannesburg.
Who can go?
Main Camp is ideal for couples, singles and small groups of 2 to 8 people, whilst the Mobile Camp is ideal for groups of 4 to 18 people travelling together.
A min age of 12 is required for walking activities.
What should I expect to pay?
Rates at Main Camp are around USD 350 per person sharing, with a min 2-night stay. The rate is fully inclusive other than alcohol, conservation levies and transfers to and from the airport.
Mobile Camp is charged at a rate for the whole camp, starting from USD 1 200 per night for 4 to 8 people and USD 2 000 per night for 18 people. A min stay of 3 nights is required and inclusions and exclusions are as above.
What extensions do you recommend?
A stay at the lodge can be combined with extended walking trails on the same property.
Connections to Botswana and elsewhere are easy with the airport close by.
LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! Contact safariFRANK and let us show you how each Safari Component can be linked up to create your ultimate safari. Let us help you get started on the journey of a lifetime.