What is this safari about?
Parfuri Camp is situated in the 26 500-hectare Makuleke Concession in the northern Kruger Park. The camp has 19 tents, seven of which are family units that sleep up to 4 people. All tents have spectacular views as they are situated on the Luvuvhu River. The camp is a unique example of a local community using responsible tourism and conservation to remedy the negative effects of their forced removal from the area in 1969.
This is a full-service camp and it provides three meals per day. A communal pool allows you to enjoy a dip to cool off on the hotter days in the bush. Guests can take part in a variety of activities that include guided walks and game drives. Take advantage of specialist birding walks or drives to explore the history and archaeology of the area.
Wildlife viewing from the camp is top-notch, with large herds of elephant located in the area during the dry months as well as a healthy population of buffalo around the camp.
Why is this special?
- 80% of the biodiversity of the Kruger National Park.
- Fever Tree Forest, awesome sight!
- Extraordinarily diverse landscape with: Lanner Gorge, crooks corner, fever tree forest, anner tree forest, pans, mountains and floodplains.
- At the heart of the Great Limpopo Trans-Frontier park.
- Over 350 species of birds, including Pel’s Fishing Owl, Arnot’s Chat, Racket-Tailed Roller, Three Banded Courser.
- Real community partnership, the Makuleke community is equity partners, employees and landlords. Community visits organized.
- True wilderness area, with only two lodges operating in the concession, no traffic as roads are private.
- Unrivalled walking experience, arguably the best birding location in South Africa.
Where is this?
Pafuri Camp is situated between the Limpopo and Luvuvhu rivers in the Makuleke Concession of the northern Kruger National Park.
Who can go?
Ideal for couples, small groups and families wanting to get away from the crowds, especially travellers keen on walking and birding.
Children under the age of 6 are not permitted on game activities and children under the age of 12 are not eligible to partake in walks.
What should I expect to pay?
Rates are around USD 320 per night per person sharing. Rates are fully inclusive and also include two activities per day, as well as local beverages.
Discounted rates available for 3rd and 4th persons in family tents.
What extensions do you recommend?
A stay at the close-by Northern Tuli Game Reserve in Botswana and all the safariFRANK components in the area are highly recommended.
The same applies to the Timbavati further south on the western border of the Kruger Park.
LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! Contact safariFRANK and let us show you how each Safari Component can be linked up to create your ultimate safari. Let us help you get started on the journey of a lifetime.