What is this safari about?
Based on its shared values, safariFRANK continually selects a small number of lodges for its portfolio of recommended establishments. These rustic lodges are often owner operated and focused on low impact, sustainable tourism and support of local communities.
The current portfolio is:
- Mutemwa Lodge, Upper Zambezi
- Wasa Lodge, Kasanka National Park
- Musekese Camp, North Eastern Kafue
- Mukambi Plains Camp, Busanga Plains, Kafue
- Mambeti Lodge, Liuwa Plains
- Nanzhila Plains Safari Camp, Southern Kafue
- Island Bush Camp, South Luangwa
- Mchenja / Kakuli / Nsolo and Luwi Camps, South Luangwa
- Kaingo Camp and Mwamba Bush Camp, South Luangwa
- Sausage Camp and Old Mondoro, Lower Zambezi
- Tongabezi Lodge, Livingstone
- Waterberry Zambezi Lodge, Livingstone
- Pioneer Camp, Lusaka
Some of these camps only operate in the dry season, from around late May to mid November. Due to short seasons and small sizes, some of these lodges must be booked well in advance, so it is advised you get in early to avoid disappointment.
Why is this special?
- Many owner operator, low environmental impact lodges.
- Old safari tradition with renowned Zambian hospitality.
- Great personal service at fantastic locations.
- Good value for money and some of the best wildlife encounters anywhere.
- Rustic, homely and intimate atmosphere.
- Great walking and photographic locations.
- Many other adventures, especially on the mighty Zambezi.
Where is this?
The lodges are all located in Zambia, at the locations as indicated above.
Who can go?
- Lodges are ideal for couples and great for groups. They tend to be fairly small and intimate, catering for between eight and 20 guests at a time.
- Age restrictions can apply for some activities available through the lodges, such as walking.
What should I expect to pay?
Fully inclusive prices vary from USD $450 to USD $950 per person, per night, sharing. Discounted prices are available outside of peak season and for children.
What extensions do you recommend?
These lodges can be added to any of the safariFRANK adventure components either at the start, in between, or at the end of a safari.
Livingstone makes for a great end to an adventure safari.
LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! Contact safariFRANK and let us show you how each Safari Component can be linked up to create your ultimate safari. Let us help you get started on the journey of a lifetime.